Last updated 1/17/24
If you have a room you don’t need, want to find roommates, or need a room after they’re sold out, find each other at the RC Ride & Room Shares group chat at fb.
RollerCon Hotel Blocks Open in January
The following information is for ALL our host hotels:
- The hotel blocks will open in January. The links will be emailed, published at rollercon.com and on all our social media channels.
- All Las Vegas hotels charge 13% occupancy tax on room rate & resort fees.
- All the rates listed below are for single or double occupancy. They charge for extra people.
- All RC host hotels are about half mile from Expo on a decent, skateable sidewalk.
- No matter which hotel you stay in, your RC badge and a 21+ ID will get you into scheduled parties in the other hotels (assuming you arrive before we meet capacity).
- Our host hotels are contracted to offer our room block the lowest price on their rooms during our event.
- We recommend you book early and together if you want to be in the same hotel as your friends & teammates. Group rates are likely to be cheaper earlier in the season and go up as we sell out each block and negotiate more rooms!
Love to Party, but Also Sleep: The Downtown Grand
The Downtown Grand Hotel (aka DTG)
- Grand Deluxe King or Double Queen: Mon -Thur & Sun: $45, Fri / Sat: $119
- Upgrade – Gallery Deluxe King or Double Queen: $70 / $144
- Upgrade to “virtual” (with fold-out sofa): $85 / $159
- See the rooms HERE.
These rates are for two people. Additional people: $10 each
RC-attendees-only reduced resort fee includes self-parking & wifi and gym: $24.99 per night
- The Black n Blue Ball will be at the DTG rooftop Citrus Grand Pool Deck on Saturday night!
- The pool will be open until MIDNIGHT Wednesday – Saturday (not Sunday night, sorry).
- The Citrus Rooftop Pool Deck has food and games and misters.
- The DTG has a spacious casino that caters to a younger crowd.
- DTG is one block from Fremont Street, so *some* rooms tend to be quieter than hotels bordering Fremont Street
- The hotel is across the street from Hogs & Heifers biker bar. Hogs & Heifers was an early sponsor of roller derby after parties in Las Vegas and they LOVE your wild ass shenanigans, so party people take note!
- DTG is directly across the street from the meeting point for most of the roll-outs (and also a food court and other food/drink options).
- Downtown Grand rooms include a coffee maker. A limited number of mini fridges and microwaves can be rented for $15.00 per stay (first come first served)
- DTG has devoted most of their rooms to RollerCon.
- Find out more about the Downtown Grand.
RC History for Party People: The Plaza
The Plaza Hotel
- Deluxe 2Q beds: Tues – Thur & Sunday: $45, Fri/Sat: $120
- Limited number of 1BR suites: Tues – Thur & Sunday $128, F/S $192
Additional people $20 each, max 4 per room.
RollerCon-attendee-only reduced resort fee includes parking, fitness room, late night pool & wifi: $20 per night .
- The Riedell S-One costume party will be at the Plaza on Thursday night!
- The Plaza rooftop pool will be open for RollerCon attendees until Midnight Wed-Sunday.
- The Plaza is at the head of Fremont Street. Request South tower or a high floor for a quieter room. Plaza is a *tiny* bit closer to the Expo (one short block).
- Plaza has been completely redone with new rooms. They hosted RollerCon 2006!
- Plaza’s casino caters to a young crowd with a fun party atmosphere, and famous independent art stretching up all their towers from Shepard Fairey, D*Face and Faile.
- Plaza rooms include a fridge and suites include a coffee maker. Oversized parking is available for an additional fee.
- Plaza has devoted the majority of their rooms to RollerCon.
- Check out more about the Plaza.
What About This Hotel I Like That Isn’t Listed?
We did our best to partner with host hotels who offer the features you want. We looked at every single hotel on Fremont Street and met with many of them before deciding. We probably eliminated the one you like for really good reasons, mostly likely their tiny pool and inability to host parties.
We chose the partners we did because the hotels are awesome and excited to host us. They offered us great room rates, discounted fees, great parties, features we know you want (like later pool hours), and crucial things like staff rooms. They’re very near each other and the Expo. We want to sell them out so you still have the immersive RollerCon room-hop experience you got at pre-pandemic events. We hope you will love staying at our partner hotels, because the room blocks are what makes the social events possible, and that’s where the fun will be!
Why stay at the host hotel(s) group rates rather than shopping around on discount hotel sites?
The RollerCon group rate is may not be the cheapest hotel you can find in Vegas in the summer, but our host hotels are guaranteed not to list rooms any cheaper than our group rate during our event. The group rate also might actually be the cheapest! We negotiate discounted resort fees and more for our folks, while discount travel sites tack on tons of full price fees for parking and lots more. Our group gets benefits non-group rates can’t offer, too, like late night pool and all our fun parties, plus our block includes benefits like free & heavily discounted rooms for Medics and Managers that make the whole convention possible in the first place. We hope you enjoy staying in our room blocks – that’s where the fun is!