This page is updated for 2023! But is subject to change as we determine the schedule. Hours requirements will change!
We take scope of practice very seriously. In the event of a serious medical emergency, our Medics provide emergency medical care of simple and multiple system trauma while local EMS is activated. Treatments may include:
- Rapid and detailed assessment of injured parties
- Controlling hemorrhage
- Treating shock
- Assessing for concussions
- Bandaging wounds
- Immobilization of painful, swollen, or deformed extremities, neck, or spine.
- Determining whether further medical care is necessary
- On-site procedural reporting
Qualifications and Requirements
- You must be a currently certified EMT, Paramedic, RN, or PA. Proof of current credentials are required annually. Please email if you have a different license that you feel is appropriate and we will be happy to discuss (contact info below)
- New in 2023: We must have at least one Medic licensed in Nevada on shift during open hours in the Expo.
- Please also provide proof of CPR Certification
- Submit your RC Medic application before June 30th
- Medics committed to xx+ (previously 25) hours of Volunteer Medic Shifts in Volgistics before June 1st qualify for the compensation package below.* (these hours will be determined when we know the schedule and exactly what we need)
- Please plan to attend a mandatory pre-RollerCon Medic meeting on Tuesday evening before RollerCon. If you are arriving in Las Vegas later you must discuss ahead of time with Medic Manager.
- Read and understand the RollerCon Safety Handbook , and operate within the guidelines specified. The RollerCon Safety Handbook will be provided at the pre-RollerCon Medic meeting.
- Please submit arrival and departure dates to our Medic Manager before June 1st.
- A RollerCon Pass in the same year
- 2 RollerCon Medic shirts to be worn on shift
- A free shared room at a RC Host Hotel for duration of Volunteer time
- All other benefits of RollerCon Volunteer Staff, including Staff-only raffles, Volunteer Army shirts, hourly credits for other vollie hours combined toward future years, and more!
* Don’t want to work many hours? We still want you! The only difference is that your compensation package will not include a room and ticket in the same year. But your hours will add up and combine with any other hours you volunteer to earn you discounts or free tickets next year!
INTERESTED? Start here with this short EMT Assessment. Thanks!
Questions? Comments? Please contact RollerConEMT@gmail.com for assistance.