Jobs on this page require specific skills or experience. We’ve made a pretty general application form, so please let us know why you’re the best candidate for the job in the notes. Some of these jobs may have been filled, but we might have related jobs we can point you to.
Dance Party DJ
SAT NIGHT ONLY, 7pm setup, party 9pm – 2am
Trish the Dish has DJ’d the Black n Blue Ball for 10 years and she’s ready to consider taking a break. The right DJ will have a broad mix of ass-shaking music that leans hard on 90s Golden Era Dance R&B and Hip Hop. Please send a link to a 20-30 minute YouTube sample setlist or include a dropbox link to MP3s (or you can mail a CD; we’ll give you our address when we get your application)
Drag Show DJ
FRI NIGHT ONLY, 7pm setup, party 9pm – midnight
Manage performer music and fill the gaps with dance tunes to keep the party upbeat. Work with the Stage Manager and Performers to ensure a smooth and incredibly super awesome show. It would be very helpful if you had some of your own equipment, but we’ll provide anything you lack. Must have great organizational skills and the ability to stay cool when things go sideways, as they always do.
WED NIGHT ONLY, 7pm setup, party 9pm – midnight
Your own equipment or ours, compensation negotiable depending on equipment and experience. Broad catalog mandatory.
Pre-Planning and oversight of all RollerCon parties. Review A/V and electrical equipment, work with contractors, vendors, the venue and RollerCon staff to assist with planning and party execution awesomeness.
- This position involves planning hours in advance, mostly reviewing emails & AV contracts. Knowledge of appropriate sound equipment very, extremely helpful.
- The right applicant will have people skills, perspective and be great at (seemingly major but usually very minor) crisis management. Ability to work with union workers (without incurring their wrath aka extra fees) would be magnificent.
- Actual work hours are Wed – Sun, but you don’t have to open & close every party. The right person can work with an assistant or staff to make sure someone responsible is on site for every party.
Collect, sort and track raffle prizes. Draw winners, schedule tweets, track prize pickup, report back to sponsors. Schedule and lead staff that man the “pick up” area.
- This position involves planning hours in advance.
- On site prep starts on TUESDAY and the job runs through Sunday morning. Hours will vary depending on how you staff.
- Must be comfortable with google spreadsheets, doc sharing and social media.
FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY, 7pm setup, party 9pm – midnight
Herd the (drag show) cats. Collect music and handover to DJ. Make sure performers are on time and prepared, and then get them on stage at the right time. Work with stage hands and fluffers to clear tips and deposit them safely. Probably other things we haven’t thought of yet. Experience & even temperament crucial. You will work closely with the Drag Show DJ, MC, performers, stage hands and staff and be the foundation, the backbone of the show.