EMT & Medical Staff
RollerCon Medical Professionals are a CRUCIAL part of our team. With 7 tracks going on average 14 hours a day, safety is absolutely our #1 priority and EMTs are the golden key to providing it. So our qualified and dedicated medical staff earns an even sweeter compensation package!
We take scope of practice very seriously. In the event of a serious medical emergency, our EMTs provide emergency medical care of simple and multiple system trauma while local EMS is activated. Treatments may include:
- Rapid and detailed assessment of injured parties
- Controlling hemorrhage
- Treating shock
- Assessing for concussions
- Bandaging wounds
- Immobilization of painful, swollen, or deformed extremities, neck, or spine.
- Determining whether further medical care is necessary
- On-site procedural reporting
Qualifications and Compensation
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Be a certified EMT, Paramedic, RN, or PA. Proof required (Email us if you have a different license that you feel is appropriate and we will be happy to discuss)
- Be CPR Certified. Proof required
- Have submitted RC Medic application and been approved before June 1st
- Be committed to 25+ hours of Volunteer Medic Shifts in Volgistics before June 1st.
- Attend the Pre-RollerCon Medic Meeting the Tuesday evening before RollerCon. If you are arriving in Las Vegas later you must discuss ahead of time with Medic Manager.
- Read and understand the RollerCon Safety Handbook, and operate within the guidelines specified. The EMT Safety Handbook will be provided at the Pre-RC Medic Meeting.
- Submit arrival and departure dates to our Medic Manager before June 1st.
- A RollerCon Pass in the same year
- 2 RollerCon EMT shirts to be worn on shift
- A free shared room at the WestGate Hotel for duration of Volunteer time
- All other benefits of RollerCon Volunteer Staff, including Staff-only raffles, Volunteer Army shirts, hourly credits for other vollie hours combined toward future years, and more!
Don’t want to work 25 hours? We still want you! The only difference is that your compensation package will not include a room and ticket in the same year. But your hours will add up and combine with any other hours you volunteer to earn you discounts or free tickets next year!
INTERESTED? Start here.To sign up for EMT shifts at RollerCon, Please start with this short EMT Assessment. Thanks!
Questions? Comments? Please contact RollerConEMT@gmail.com for assistance.