RollerCon 2017 will feature banked track events Thursday through Saturday.
- Join our track crew!
- Banked track officials are EXTRA SMART AND GOOD LOOKING. Get in on it!
We have had our banked track for years now, and it has undergone a complete overhaul. We fixed broken uprights and connections, sorted through a hundred build and maintenance documents, and we’re pretty good at moving it, putting it up and tearing it down and storing it. But the hours of labor required to set it up and tear it down for 5 days of use, and the expense of year-round storage coupled with the demand for more flat track challenge bouts at RollerCon have convinced us to trade it for another flat track, if we can. Check out the listing on Las Vegas Craiglist with photos and more.
The track comes with:
- Everything you need to build a complete banked track
- All hardware, tools, wrenches and spare parts
- 48′ trailer (which could be sold; we replaced some tires and it is roadworthy)
- Build documents and manuals
- Skirts, upright wraps and accessories
- Infield benches & penalty boxes
- Optional build consulting
- Optional banked track coaching session
This is a Kitten Traxx track purchased by San Diego Derby Dolls in 2010. It was stored in the trailer and built for games once every month or two, and they named it Cherry Blue (after a skater; the track is neither blue nor cherry-colored). RollerCon purchased it in 2015 for $15K and spent about $2000 repairing and refreshing parts and fixing up the trailer to move it to Vegas. We built it twice (Rollercon 2015 & 2016). It’s in great shape. Watch this actual track be built in time lapse.
Banked Track at RollerCon
Banked Track Officiating & Track Crew
If you are interested in banked track officiating and track crew, please sign up for our Volunteer Army. We need your expertise! Please check out this Help Wanted info about how we track hours, schedule staff, compensate you and more. We hope to have banked track officiating and track crew shifts ready for self-scheduling in Volgistics by mid- to late-April.
Banked track derby is not covered by all roller derby insurance. Please check this link to see if you’re covered.
Schedule: Competitions, Classes & Open Skate Available
The *other* tracks at RollerCon are divided into MVP-only class tracks vs competition tracks available for skating with any on-skates pass. The banked track will host all those types of events, so the EVENTS will be marked MVP-only or Skater & MVP. Classes will only be open to MVP Passholders (as always). Open skates and challenges will be open to skaters with either type of on-skates pass. Audience seating at competitive events is available for all RollerCon passholders.
Classes and Open Skates for All Levels
We’re super excited to give everyone a shot on the track, so we invite all levels of skaters, including B, C and rookies to participate in banked track classes and open skates. Classes will have designated skill levels in their description. Challenges and Bouts will be A-level only.f
Banked Track Challenge Quick Tips
- All the rules of signing up for a challenge apply. Brush up on them: http://rollercon.com/events/challenges/.
- All players on your roster (which will be due in JULY) must have banked track insurance & be ADVANCED skaters.
- BT challenges and bouts will be played by RDCL v2.5 Rules or WFTDA Rules (check the challenge listing).